Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 - 7:00 PM
Wednesday, August 28th, 2013 - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday May 8: Steve Lougheed (Queen's). An illustrated natural history travelogue of Jalisco, Mexico.
- Monday May 13: Nick Cairns and Lauren Stoot (Ottawa and Carleton). Freshwater turtle bycatch: determining the threat and looking for solutions.
- Wednesday May 15: Chris Baird (Queen's University). Mercury biomagnification trends near and away from contaminated sites in the St. Lawrence River.
- Wednesday May 22: Bill Halliday (Ottawa) Interference competition leads to apparent predation risk with sympatric voles.
- Wednesday May 29: Ignacio Moore (Virginia Tech) Seasonal reproduction, neuroplasticity, and population divergence in an equatorial bird.
- Wednesday June 5: Trevor Pitcher (Univ. Windsor) Competitive reproductive success and genetic quality: the dualistic role of sperm.
- Wednesday June 12: Leo Campagna (Queen's University) Exploring the origins of Neotropical avian biodiversity.
- Wednesday June 19: Valerie Langlois (Royal Military College) How frogs cope with textile dyes?
- Wednesday June 26: Dan Ardia (Biology, Franklin & Marshall College) Golondrinas de las Americas: Life History Variation inTachycineta Swallows Across the Western Hemisphere.
- Wednesday July 3: Adam Lendvai (Virginia Tech) Desperate housewives: sexual conflict and the evolution of gender roles.
- Wednesday July 10: Bruce Cameron (Senior Biologist, Experimental Diving and Undersea Group Defence R&D Canada) Immunoinflammatory response during decompression stress in Royal Canadian Navy Clearance Divers.
- Wednesday July 17: Allyson Parker (Queen's University) Sibling Rivalry: the alder flycatcher and the willow flycatcher.
- Wednesday July 24: Mark Conboy (QUBS) The Best Known Birds: Avian Diversity and Research at Queen's University Biological Station.
- Wednesday July 31: Steve Lougheed (QUBS) The Secret Life of Frogs.
- Wednesday Aug 7: Frank Phelan (QUBS) Wild Turkey and Its Reintroduction to Ontario.
- Wednesday Aug 14: Volker Thomsen (President Ret. St. Lawrence College, VP World Wind Energy Association - Bonn Germany, VP World Wind Energy Institute). Technology and zero growth can create sustainable prosperity for all. How a partnership between community, biology, technology and social market driven economy without growth can be the driver of a sustainable prosperity in harmony with the environment.
- Wednesday Aug 21: Mike Runtz (Carleton University) Dam Builders: the natural history of beavers and their ponds.
- Wednesday Aug 28: Marvin Gunderman (McMaster) The Secret Lives of Arthropods.