Queen's Point

Queen’s purchased the tip of a peninsula, on Lake Opinicon, in 1945. The original rationale for the founding of the Queen's University Biological Station was to offer accelerated programs to returning veterans – especially in natural resources, field studies & conservation.

Cow Island – 2.2 hectares, purchased in 1988. Acquisition made the university the sole owner of Cow Island, and prevented impending cottage development on this island close to Queen's Point and teaching/research facilities.

Log In